Prevent Lost Luggage for Event Travel
Event traveling is stressful enough, but even if you are not a frequent traveler, I’m sure you are still concerned about your luggage being lost. There is nothing like making it to a destination only to find that your bags did not arrive with you. Here are a few tips to help prevent your luggage from getting lost:
• If you have connecting flights, try to avoid short layovers. The less time you have between connections the less time the flight crew has to switch your luggage over to your next plane.
• It’s also a great idea to remove old tags from previous trips you have taken; this makes it less confusing for the person responsible for directing the luggage.
• When checking into your flight be sure that the person checking your bags attaches the correct destination tags to all of your bags.
• Make sure you have your name and phone number on the outside and inside of your suitcase.
• Add something to your luggage that makes it stand out from others. This could be a colorful luggage tag or ribbon. This will help prevent someone for taking your bag by mistake.
• It’s also a good idea to take a picture of your suitcase. If you bag does get lost, having a photo may help the airline employee identify it.
Jessica Payne - marketing assistant at Advantage Fundraising Online. Current student at Oakland University majoring in Marketing